A few weeks ago, I made a post about the realities of travel and listed some of the negative experiences I’ve had on my trips. (You can read that here.) This time, I’m highlighting the good experiences I’ve had and listing some of my favorite moments from my travels!
- On my very first international trip, I went to Amsterdam, Paris, and London. I was somewhere in the middle of Paris, standing on a bridge and looking out on the water and the city, when this wonderful feeling washed over me. Standing on this bridge, I got an overwhelming sense that I was exactly where I was supposed to be and exactly what I was meant to be doing. To this day, I still have trouble explaining exactly how it felt, because I’ve never felt anything so strongly. It was the first moment that I knew my life would never be the same, and I’d continue my travels for years and years to come.
- One of my FAVORITE days I’ve ever experienced would have to be spending a morning with elephants in Chiang Mai, Thailand. They’re truly beautiful creatures and it is SO SO IMPORTANT that we keep them alive! You can learn all about the threats to elephants here. Also, rumor has it that elephants’ brains have the same reaction to humans that humans’ brains have to puppies. Adorable, right?!
- Drinking champagne in the park next to the Eiffel Tower and watching the sun set as the tower lit up. This was for sure one of those “pinch me” moments where I’m so so thankful that this is the life I get to live. (Disclaimer: I wasn’t by myself and I did not drink that whole bottle. LOL)
- I’m a sucker for live music, so listening to covers of The Beatles in the very same venue where they got discovered was a dream come true!
- Conquering the 1,237 steps at Tiger Cave Temple. Climbing the steps was horrific and I feel bad for everyone that was with me (they were so patient!), but getting to the top was a proud moment!
- The fish pedicure is one of those things that everyone should experience at least once. I absolutely hated it and I’ll never do it again, but it left my feet feeling soft and smooth if that counts for anything!
- In Switzerland, taking a train up Mt. Pilatus and getting to hang out on top was quite the experience! I’m not from a very mountainous region, so even being in the mountains was incredible. I also drank Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate at the top. Drinking Swiss Miss on top of a Swiss mountain is checked off of my bucket list!
- Fancy dinner in the sky? I’ll take it! In Bangkok, we went to a sky bar and had dinner/dessert. The best part? It was fairly cheap, because we were in Thailand! In the US, you’d never be able to get a drink and dessert for $20 USD at such a fancy place!
There are so many more moments and experiences, but honestly, I could go on forever. I don’t have the time to write that long of a blog post and I’m sure you don’t have the time to read it!
I’d love to hear some of your favorite moments from your travels! Comment below!